We grow community with organic gardening, fresh produce, and education.
The Hansberry Garden & Nature Center is a community garden and resource for environmental education in Southwest Germantown, at the corner of Hansberry Street and Wayne Avenue. We are a 501©(3) non-profit organization invested in our community through organic gardening, the City Harvest Program of the Pennsylvania Horticulture Society, and educational programs for children and adults.
5150 Wayne Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19144
Mailing Address: PO Box 44137
- Polished and precise, yet buoyed with an airy grace, Joy Ike paints with a broad palette that defies easy categorization. Born to Nigerian immigrants, the singer/songwriter has drawn comparisons to musicians such as Nina Simone, Laura Nyro, and Regina Spektor for her music, voice, and writing. But her percussive piano-playing and soaring vocals give homage ... Read
- There’s plenty to share at our our monthly potluck dinner on Saturday, May 18, at 5:30 p.m. After dinner, we hope to play a few tunes by the bonfire. Read
- 2019 schedule of monthly Tend the Garden Days, when members and volunteers gather to maintain the common spaces of the garden. Read
- As the end of 2018 approaches, Hansberry Garden has a lot of news to share! Thanks to generous gifts from our friends and supporters, the garden has undergone a great deal of change since this time last year, as we have completed most of the second phase of our master land-use plan. Now a group ... Read
- If you buy products from Amazon.com, you can put your shopping to work for Hansberry Garden and Nature Center by using Amazon Smile. When you use Amazon Smile, the Amazon Foundation donates 0.5 percent of the price of your purchases to the charity of your choice. Read