Report Volunteer hours
Use this online form to report hours that you have NOT recorded on a sign-in sheet or in the log kept at the garden.
See the Monthly Task List
Looking for a way to help keep the garden in shape? Check out the monthly task list created by our Landscape and Maintenance Chairs. This list can also be found in the log in the shed at the garden. When you complete a task on the list, please note it on the log with your bed number (there’s a chart included in the log book), the date, and the number of hours you spent on it, rounded to the nearest quarter hour.
Sign-in Sheet for Events
A downloadable PDF of the event sign-in sheet for event organizers and committee chairs to use for group projects.
Current Signup Sheets
- Sign up to mow the grass (20 slots available)
When to Plant
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Library Subject Guides. PHS’s McLean Library has gathered and organized an enormous wealth of resources about gardening.
- PHS Philadelphia Gardening Guide. Here are resources specifically for gardeners in Philadelphia, including helpful organizations, local blogs, instructional videos, and recommended sources for plants and supplies.
- You Bet Your Garden Question Archive. This is a searchable database of all the questions that have been answered on WHYY’s “You Bet Your Garden” radio show, hosted by Mike McGrath.
- A beginner’s guide to organic gardening