Report Volunteer hours
Use the linked form to report hours that you have NOT recorded on a sign-in sheet or in the log kept at the garden.
See the Monthly Task List
Looking for a way to help keep the garden in shape? Check out the monthly task list created by our Landscape and Maintenance Chairs. This list can also be found in the log in the shed at the garden. When you complete a task on the list, please note it on the log with your bed number (there’s a chart included in the log book), the date, and the number of hours you spent on it, rounded to the nearest quarter hour.
Sign-in Sheet for Events
A downloadable PDF of the event sign-in sheet for event organizers and committee chairs to use for group projects.
Sign Up for Special Projects
Hansberry Garden uses Signup.com to organize volunteers for special projects. Here’s how it works in three easy steps:
1) Click the button to see our SignUps on SignUp.com.
2) Review the SignUps listed and choose the available one(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: Signup.com is free because it’s supported by advertising. When you receive email notifications, they will include ads. SignUp.com promises not to share your email address with anyone. If you don’t use email, please contact the listed organizer, and they can sign you up manually.
Meeting Minutes and Agendas
When to Plant
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Library Subject Guides. PHS’s McLean Library has gathered and organized an enormous wealth of resources about gardening.
- PHS Philadelphia Gardening Guide. Here are resources specifically for gardeners in Philadelphia, including helpful organizations, local blogs, instructional videos, and recommended sources for plants and supplies.
- You Bet Your Garden Question Archive. This is a searchable database of all the questions that have been answered on WHYY’s “You Bet Your Garden” radio show, hosted by Mike McGrath.
- A beginner’s guide to organic gardening