Hansberry Garden uses Signup.com to organize volunteers for weekly maintenance tasks and special projects. Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click the button to see our SignUps on SignUp.com.
2) Review the SignUps listed and choose the available one(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Please note: Many regular garden-maintenance tasks are organized in a weekly calendar. Although the date indicated for each of these weekly tasks is a Monday, they may be completed any time — Monday through Sunday — of the week indicated (except for setting out and retrieving the trash and recycling containers. Trash and recycling pickup is on Tuesdays).
Note: SignUp.com promises not to share your email address with anyone. If you don’t use email, please contact the listed organizer, and they can sign you up manually.
When to Plant
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Library Subject Guides. PHS’s McLean Library has gathered and organized an enormous wealth of resources about gardening.
- PHS Philadelphia Gardening Guide. Here are resources specifically for gardeners in Philadelphia, including helpful organizations, local blogs, instructional videos, and recommended sources for plants and supplies.
- You Bet Your Garden Question Archive. This is a searchable database of all the questions that have been answered on WHYY’s “You Bet Your Garden” radio show, hosted by Mike McGrath.
- A beginner’s guide to organic gardening