Performances by “Soul-Pop” artist Danie Ocean and samba percussion troupe Unidos da Filadelfia will entertain revelers at Hansberry Garden’s Harvest Fest on Saturday, Oct. 19, 2018, from 3 to 6 p.m. as they enjoy the fall harvest, the garden and each other’s company.
The event is a potluck meal, and we encourage neighbors to share their favorite recipes, but don’t worry if you don’t have a dish to bring — there will be plenty of treats! Among the attractions that will be on offer:
- An autumn Bake Sale. Those who have attended our annual plant sale in the spring know that we have plenty of talented bakers among our members!
- Houseplants for sale. As we bid goodbye to outdoor gardening weather, find a green friend and take a little bit of garden inside.
- Beer from Germantown’s own Attic Brewing Co. , which will open near Wayne Junction sometime soon.
- Herb-infused teas, honey, and syrups from Viva Leaf Tea.
- Hot dogs and tofu dogs grilled on site.
- More, probably! Check back later for updates.
We look forward to seeing you in the garden!