Do we have plants for you!
We’ve been collecting plants from near and far: from our members, from our neighbors, from nurseries and farms:
- A couple of glorious hanging baskets that will make impressive gifts (for somebody’s mom, perhaps)
- A nice collection of native North American perennials
- But also quite a few “market packs” of bedding annuals to brighten up your borders and planters
- Perennials suited to sunny places and Germantown shade
- Herbs in enormous quantity, priced to sell!
- A wide variety of tomatoes, including some large (well over a foot) plants as well as many sweet little seedlings
- Peppers, both hot and sweet
- A few garden eggs — an African variety of small eggplant that is sweet enough to eat raw
- Cucumbers, squash, and okra
- American holly and other trees and shrubs
- Houseplants, including variegated ficus, philodendron, jade plants, aloe, rosette succulents, and parlor palms
- Lovely pots to contain those plants
- Much more!
The online sale will open at www.hansberry garden.org on May 6; after a members’ preview in the morning, the sale will be open to the public in the afternoon. After you place an order, you’ll be asked to choose a time between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 8, to pick up your order at the garden. We look forward to seeing you (after all this time), and we hope you’ll come back to the garden many times this year!
Don’t forget to bring some cash: the Bake Sale is Back!
Our garden’s talented bakers will be offering individually packaged, home-baked treats at the garden on the day of the sale. Bring a little cash so you don’t miss out!